Friday, June 29, 2018

Theme Parties: Pink Patio Party


Third Annual Pink Patio Party

When I was in University, I met a professor who would host these annual parties. Once a year a huge crowd of individuals would get all dressed up and come to share food and beverages at her home and because it was an annual event, the momentum of the event grew over the years to become something that everyone looked forward to and had marked on their calendars for months in advance. It was considered prestigious to be invited and the buzz around the event made it all the more enticing.

Inspired by this, I began to imagine hosting my own annual event. I wanted to create a theme and a format that would set a solid foundation for creating a magical night to remember with great food and beverages, and an excellent, eclectic mix of individuals as company - an annual event that I could build on, year after year.

The First Annual Pink Patio Party

I'd heard of something known as a "white party" and saw photos of long tables dressed in white table cloths and all party participants dressed in white attire. I liked this idea but I wanted my own twist, and so I created my Annual Pink Patio Party.

In addition to being one of my all-time favourite colours, to me pink represents the heart chakra and Christ Consciousness, a vibration of the unconditional Divine Love that heals all wounds and rights all wrongs. So it seemed a worthy mission to bring the colour pink more in to the forefront of people's awareness by immersing them in it. I asked my guests to stretch towards the colour pink by wearing it and embodying it's vibration.

From the First Annual Pink Patio Party

I was especially excited about the prospect of challenging my male friends to dress in pink, a colour which has traditionally not been associated with masculinity. I posted pictures such as Mr. Pink on my event page:
Mr. Pink from OppoSuits
https://www.opposuits.ca/
People were also encouraged to bring pink-themed foods to share and the spreads were amazing...

Trifle!
Wild Salmon
Beet Pasta

Flower Imprinted Goat Cheese with Red Rice Crackers
Vegan Beet Dip
Pink Turnip Rounds
Purple Cabbage and Beet Coleslaw
Pink Layer Cake



We always enjoy sampling from an assortment of beverages such as rose wines, unique craft beers like Crabbies Raspberry Ginger Beer, as well as a punch that I make and other non-alcoholic pink beverages like rosehip kombucha and rose lemonade.

 

 


It's almost time for the 4th Annual Pink Patio Party. Some of my favourite parts of hosting this theme party are decorating my patio and choosing my pink attire! Some years, I even went so far as to colour my hair pink just for the occasion.











2 comments:

  1. Hiya Jana.
    I really like how you laid this all out. It's beautiful, punchy and pink!

    ReplyDelete